Sunday 4 December 2011

Pigeon Hole, West Hobart

Mishca and Dieter playing grown-ups at Pigeon Hole
I must make a confession:  Pigeon Hole is my longstanding cafe lover.  I told friends I was pregnant with Leo there, I became increasingly rounded there (through no fault of theirs) as Leo ballooned and morphed his host!  I have enjoyed numerous panini infatuations, a cous cous addiction, best ever love affair with chocolate friands and always great coffee.

Pigeon Hole has beautiful people.  Beautiful people running it, working in it, visiting it, next door to it!  Many a time I have wandered into the gallery next door as I try to settle a monster.

Leo as a tiny person meeting friends at Pigeon Hole
Space wise, it is not big, but the shared table spaces make the most of the space, and a lovely way to meet people.  The music has always settled my little person and the wallpaper intrigued.  Unfortunately, Leo now has a toilet fascination and tries to explore the toilet and washstand at every opportunity, but the lovely, lovely staff are always kind and amused at this crazy runaway child who they have seen grow from a dot.

Baby-cinos seem unimportant next to all of this, but here we go:

Warmth: Never too warm
Froth:  A-plenty
Cup: Sturdy, but you can also ask for a take away cup as the floor is polished concrete.
Marshmallow: None, so Thea deducts points.

In total 4/5, but water glasses forever topped up are even more exciting for little'ns and makes water sought after!


If you haven't been there, go! 

Ps Another fantastic thing about Pigeon Hole is that you always feel comfortable to breastfeed and the back space is private if you are not sharing the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment